There are plenty of ways to share some puppy love if you aren't in a position to adopt a pet, check out some other ways to observe National Rescue Dog Day.
Consider the following:
- Volunteer at your local shelter. Taking dogs for walks, grooming, and giving them plenty of affection improves their socialization.
- Shelters always need donations. Financial donations are always welcome. Most shelters have a list of constant needs, such as blankets, bleach, toys, treats, food, leashes, and so much more.
- If there's room in your life for a rescue dog, consider adoption and giving one a forever home.
- Consider fostering. Many dogs abandoned in shelters require some medical care or rehabilitation in a home setting before an adoption can take place.
- Remember to spay and neuter your pets. Overpopulation is the number one reason shelters exist.
If there's a rescue in your life? Share your rescue dog stories and use #NationalRescueDogDay on social media.